Music of the Bay
Music of the Bay (Music by the Sea) presents local music nightly in restaurants throughout Yarmouth & Acadian Shores all summer long. The music performed is either about the region, written by someone from the region, or reflective of the region. Music is performed in both English and French, and is a fun way to meet locals and take part in a real kitchen party!
Yarmouth & Acadian Shores is renowned for its vibrant and unique music. Many famous Canadian musicians come from this area, and musical expression is seen as a cornerstone of local culture. Maritimers are known for fiddles romancing us with soft melodies and then exploding into jigs and reels that shake up the desire to dance, sing, or pick up an instrument and join in the fun. In fact, Acadians have their own special word for this--a good party with lots of music is referred to as a "tyme."
At a Music of the Bay kitchen party, expect just that--a kitchen party. Informal performances and interactions with the audience are key, and you might even be invited to join in. The traditional and original compositions make for wonderfully diverse repertoires, which in turn keep the performances fresh and entertaining.
There is no cover charge to take in a Music of the Bay performance, but a meal must be purchased. Advanced reservations are always recommended, as performances quickly sell out.
- Wednesdays: Red Cap Restaurant (6 - 8pm), 1034 Hwy 335, West Pubnico, B0W 2M0
- Thursdays: Trout Point Lodge (6 - 10pm), 189 Trout Point Rd, East Kemptville, B0W 1Y0
- Thursdays: Seaglass Café (6 - 9pm), 1621 Main Shore Rd, Yarmouth, B5A 4A9
- Fridays: Rudder's Seafood Restaurant (7 - 10pm), 96 Water St, Yarmouth, B5A 4P5
- Fridays: Argyler Lodge (5 - 8pm), 52 Ye Olde Argyler Rd., Lower Argyle B0W 2M0
- Saturdays: Sip Café (1 - 3pm), 357 Main St., Yarmouth, B5A 1E7