This is where the land meets the sea. Where English and Acadian cultures coexist. It’s quiet and peaceful, yet full of adventure. And where the darkest skies let stars shine their brightest. It’s where the food is fresh and local, and the music is too. It’s where everything comes together. It’s where the stars align.
Did you know?
- Our Acadian community is the largest in Nova Scotia. Keep an ear out for our French, and look for colourful Acadian flags waving in the breeze.
- We’re home to some of the darkest skies in North America. The region recently received Certified Starlight Reserve and Certified Starlight Tourist Destination designations.
- The Southwest Nova UNESCO Biosphere is located here due to our unique approach to living and working in harmony with nature.
- Our enviable climate is the reason so many visitors become residents. We’re known as the Banana Belt of Atlantic Canada due to our mild winters and cool summers.
- Yarmouth & Acadian Shores is home to the largest and most diverse fishery in Atlantic Canada.